Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Fall Mood Means More Needlework and Crafts

At the Velvet Ice Cream
Factory grounds in
Utica, Ohio.
I've really neglected this blog, which is obvious by the July 7 date stamp on my most "recent" post. However, with the arrival of fall and increased creativity in the needlework and crafts areas, I'm feeling energized about Come to the NudgeryFaire again.

Not that I've been idle. I've been keeping up with my writing blog, Nudged to Write, and started a blog about the local county fair that actually inspired my interest in things like embroidery and crochet. That blog is called The Late, Great Carthage Fair. There I'm talking more about the history of the fair and my memories going back to childhood in the late '50s and early '60s. I did do one post about my first entry at the fair in 1969, and I'm going to cross-post it here.

I also want to continue to move posts from my first blog, Salmagundi Express; I'm going to focus on the fall-related posts there over the coming weeks.

And I've added quite a few items to my Etsy shop, including my first beaded jewelry pieces. More on that in later posts.
Amish farmer tending his fields near Berlin, Ohio.

In the meantime, I'm including a couple of shots in this post of Amish country in northern Ohio. My mother and I took that trip a couple of weeks ago, and it was lovely, as usual. And Mom, a devoted quilter, had lots of fun looking through all the great fabric shops in Holmes County and the general area.

Finally, if you're into knitting, you might enjoy my sister's blog at The Warden's Log. She started knitting last spring, and I'm amazed at how she's taken off with it. She discusses her triumphs and challenges with the knitting needles, links to free patterns, and displays her various projects. She also writes great pieces about "the Inmates," her two kids. Enjoy!

Horse on hilltop near Charm, Ohio.

No comments:

Post a Comment